Three Horses !

Once upon a time in the City of Pearls lived three horses. They were thick friends, they always rode together, bathe together and ate together. Their master loved them so much that he couldn’t keep them apart. He named them as Gulmohar, Baadal and Toofan.


Gulmohar was milky white and intelligent, it was taken to beauty competitions which happens in near by places, whilst Baadal was dark as night and used to lift heavy cargo for it’s master and Toofan was dark chocolate and comes first in any race and makes money to it’s master.

One day while eating grass Baadal was jumping with happiness. 

The other two asked why ?

It replied, “ I can’t wait for the ‘Best Horse Competition’ our master conducts every year which is due three weeks from today and winner will be gifted a new colorful saddle. I know I’m going to be the winner because I’m very useful to the master and I’m the best as I transport his cargo everyday, I can’t wait to look beautiful in that colorful saddle, Yippeeee” said Baadal and continued eating.

Gulmohar and Toofan were not happy with what they heard from Baadal. 

 “I win every competition, I’m useful to master, so I’m the best horse” said the angry and jealous Gulmohar.

Toofan yelled “I make lot of money, I’m the best horse ".

Soon they began arguing among themselves. So hearing their noise master came to see what happened to them. So Gulmohar narrated the whole story to it’s master. So master laughed a loud and began thinking.

"These three are close together but Gulmohar is proud about it’s beauty, Baadal is proud about it’s strength and Toofan is boasting about it’s speed” so he decided to teach them a lesson. After a while he cleared his throat and spoke with his three precious horses. 

“I see you three are fighting over who is useful to me and who is going to be the best horse, so let’s do one thing. For the next three weeks your works will be replaced with others. Gulmohar will help me transport cargo. Baadal will Race for me and Toofan will participate in beauty competitions". All the three horses were shocked yet happy thinking that they will win anyway.

So the next day Baadal was running on race track and it came last in race. Gulmohar couldn’t walk half a mile with the cargo. Toofan couldn’t win a single competition as it doesn’t know how to walk on ramp. They came back to their master hanging their heads in disappointment. 

Their master hugged all the three and told them that. ” See all the three of you are useful to me, but in your own way. Gulmohar wins every beauty competition not because it is beautiful but because of the way it walks on ramp and i train it whole year only for that competition. Baadal can walk 20 miles with cargo not because of it’s strength, but I increase the weight everyday a little bit so that it gets habituated to lift heavy cargo. Toofan wins race for me not because it runs fast, but because of the practice on race track. So everyone of you are beautiful in your own way and different from each other. And you are perfect just the way you are, replacing with the other can only make you weak. So I give you the work which only you can do, and I train you for that. So all the three of you are helpful to me and you are my best horses". Hearing their master horses realized their mistake, he gifted them three beautiful saddles and lived happily with their master. 

-THE END-

Moral of the story is everyone of us have different skills. So we have to do what we are good at. We have to nourish our skills with everyday practice. Thinking about others and doing the work which we don’t know can only waste our time. We all are different from one another. No two people are same in this world. So we have to identify our skills and become master of our own. If you can run faster, become a sprinter. If you are beautiful, participate in beauty peagants. If you have a good voice, become a singer. The talent is hidden within you, all you need to do is discover it and practice everyday. This story helps in delegation of work too. If a team has 10 members, all the ten members will have different skills. It is the responsibility of the leader to identify their hidden skills and train them accordingly. Even parents want their children to become something big. Instead of forcing them you can observe what they are good at and you can give them proper coaching. If not it is just like you are trying to make a fish fly and making a bird swim.

-Author Queeny Yalangi

Comments

  1. This is too good❤️ really an interesting story..I felt like let me read the complete story...this story took me to my old school days like we use to have stories in our English subject😎😊the best part of the story is the moral..got motivation with those ending words❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the amazing words. It encourages me to write more. Keep reading dear 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The silent Truth !

Having Everything and Having Nothing !